31st May, 2017 Air BP, the international aviation fuel products and service supplier has bolstered its presence in the Southeast of England with the addition of a new location at Redhill Aerodrome in Surrey (KRG\EGKR). With immediate effect, Air BP will be the sole fuel provider of Jet A-1, AL48 and Avgas at the aerodrome. With access across the southeast of England, Redhill is ideally suited for both business aviation and rotary activity, the latter of which accounts for some 80% of its traffic serving as the base for Arena Helicopters and the National Police Air Service.
The airport has recently installed a new fuel depot in order to meet the supply needs of customers such as the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance Trust’s AW169 helicopter, and additionally to address the expansion of the Trust’s activities at Redhill. Air BP has also invested in a new state-of-the-art Jet A-1 and AL48 fuel bowser for the airport.
Elena Melia, General Manager Air BP Western European, commented: “We are delighted to announce the news of our supply agreement at Redhill. Air BP is committed to serving the General Aviation market both in the UK and abroad and Redhill represents our core audience.”
Ann Bartaby, Chief Executive Redhill Aerodrome added: “We are very pleased to be welcoming Air BP to Redhill and look forward to a reliable and highly efficient service which we anticipate will greatly benefit our customers. Air BP was selected to supply fuel owing to its professional approach and understanding of the needs of the GA market. We also look forward to welcoming customers to our airport so that they can experience and benefit from both our new infrastructure and our uniquely positioned aerodrome which is ideally placed to serve London and the Southeast of England.”
Open 7 days a week and year-round (with the exception of Christmas Day and Boxing Day), Redhill Aerodrome is located 22 miles south of London within easy access of the M25 and M23 motorways.
As the aviation division of BP, Air BP is one of the world’s largest suppliers of aviation fuel products and services. It currently supplies around seven billion gallons of jet kerosene and aviation gasoline to its customers across the globe each year.
• Through its direct operations, Air BP fuels around 6,000 flights every day – that is over four aircraft every minute or one every 15 seconds. The company fuels at more than 800 global locations in around 50 countries serving customers from private pilots to some of the world’s largest airlines.
• Air BP’s technical and operations experts provide a complete aviation fuel consultancy service, including the design, build and operation of aviation fuelling facilities, to help customers protect their operations and manage risks.
• Customers range from domestic and international airlines, the military, business and private aircraft owners, as well as international airports and airfield operators.
• Air BP provides a number of services and solutions to support customers in meeting their environmental goals. This includes emissions trading, carbon management and offsetting via BP Target Neutral, sourcing sustainable fuels such as BioJet at select locations and investing in producers such as Fulcrum, unleaded Avgas and a suite of technical services. Air BP is also certified carbon neutral for its own global into plane fuelling services.
• Air BP is collaborating with aviation services company RocketRoute in a collection of trip planning applications to simplify aviation operations. The first, launched in October 2016 is the RocketRoute Fuel App which enables customers to purchase fuel online, directly from Air BP’s global network of locations, easily and conveniently.
• Air BP’s services for the general aviation and business aviation sector include the Sterling Card, which can be used throughout the global network, including self-serve locations, providing easy access to fuel for thousands of Air BP clients including private pilots, aircraft management companies and corporate flight departments. Air BP’s card programmes were introduced in 1993 to bridge the gap between airline, general business and private aviation customers as an easy means of payment for aviation fuel on an as needed basis.
• For a full list of locations served by Air BP, go to www.airbp.com/wheretofind
• Air BP is an official sponsor of the 2017 Red Bull Air Race World Championship, serving as both the fuel supplier and carbon reduction partner for the 2017 season. For details of the 2017 Red Bull Air Race schedule, go to www.redbullairrace.com
+44 1420 560094